Thursday, November 26, 2009

~ my cine-love and i ~

I've decided to start a blog purely about film and beautiful cinema. Ever since I was very young, I've always had a love for old black and white movies from the forties, and that love has remained with me into my twenties. As a kid, I would always prefer to watch Gone with the Wind over the latest Disney ~ a decision that confused many of my friends and left me with lots of time to indulge in a love for Hollywood epics and Fred Astaire musicals.

I'm not sure exactly what path the blog is going to take, but I want it to include a mixture of old classics that I already love and beauts that I discover along the way.

So I guess I should give a little context as to my personal favourites. I'm not much of a "top 100" kind of person, so in no particular order, my favourites include...

~ Gone with the Wind
~ The Apartment
~ Annie Hall
~ Manhattan
~ Singin' in the Rain
~ The Ten Commandments
~ Gosford Park
~ The Godfather
~ The Diving Bell & the Butterfly
~ Rosemary's Baby
~ Chungking Express
~ Sunset Boulevard
~ Once Upon a Time in the West
~ Rebecca
~ Gaslight
~ 12 Angry Men
~ It's a Wonderful Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers